Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation. For more information click here.
We're Doing Our Part
La Cumbre Plaza is conserving water to support our community. As a responsible member of the community and in accordance with California's Water Conservation Emergency regulation, La Cumbre Plaza is currently practicing the following water conservation efforts:
- Halting grass watering
- Turning off water features
- Cutting back on landscaping watering
- Installed low-flow restroom fixtures
What We’re Doing at La Cumbre Plaza
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- We are using green barricades.
- Electric golf carts are used by Maintenance.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations are located in the parking lot along Hope Ave., near Yves Delorme.